Tugas Bahasa Inggris Bisnis 2 (Bulan ke-3)
A. Question Tag
Pada bagian ini kita akan mempelajari cara membentuk bagian akhir pertanyaan atau yg disebut Question Tag, yang artinya ‘bukan’, ‘kan’?
1. She is slow at understanding, isn’t she?
2. He is not very cruel, is he?
3. The students are happy, aren’t they?
4. You work only five days a week, don’t you?
5. He will help me, won’t he?
6. You went to the theater, didn’t you?
7. Mr. David hates me so much, doesn’t he?
8. I am not hungry and thirsty, aren’t I ?
9. Don’t move it, will you?
10. You like to get up early, don’t you?
B. Conditional Sentences
Conditional sentences adalah kalimat yang akan terjadi atau tidak akan terjadi (mungkin terjadi) tergantung pada suatu kondisi atau keadaan.
1. If it rains, I will not go
2. If you insist, he will let you have it
3. If she loves you, she will be happy for you
4. If I were in town, I would go
5. If I took the plane, I would get there fast
6. If I knew, I would tell you
7. If I had known it, I would have told you
8. If you had told me, I would have defended you
9. If she hadn’t come late, she would have got present
10. If I were you, I would talk to him
“Yes/No Question” digunakan dalam pertanyaan sederhana yang hanya memutuhkan jawaban Yes dan No.
|Do you have umbrella?||YES, I do||NO, I don’t|
|Does rico have umbrella?||YES, He does||NO, He doesn’t|
|Did Rico have umbrella?||YES, He did||NO, He didn’t|
|Are You trainer?||YES, I am||NO, I am not|
|Is Rico trainer?||YES, He is||NO, He isn’t|
|Were You trainer?||YES, I was||NO, I was’t|
|Were they trainer?||YES, they were||NO, they weren’t|
|Have You eaten?||YES, I have||NO, I haven’t|
|Has she eaten?||YES, She has||NO, She hasn’t|
|Will You eat?||YES, I will||NO, I won’t|
A Few mempunyai arti beberapa dan ditempatkan kata benda yang bisa dihitung (countable nouns)
1. Since I have to work 10 hours a day, I have a few opportunity to study
2. There is only milk left
3. There is few petrol
4. Rico has few friends except him
5. We only have few minutes to get out from here
G. A Little & Little
A little mempunyai arti sedikit dan ditempatkan di depan kata benda yang tidak bisa dihitung (uncountable noun)
1. Can you give me a little help?
2. They have a little thing
3. I have a little money
4. We have a little problems here
5. He is a little confused
Little mempunyai arti negatif. Arti dari litle adalah tidak banyak dan ditempatkan di depan kata benda yang tidak bisa dihitung.
1. I have a good score because I made little mistakes
2. They have little food. They are never full
3. She speaks little French. She doesn’t know much
4. There is little gas in this kitchen
5. We had little expectation to do this project
Enough ditempatkan setelah kata sifat untuk menyatakan sesuatu itu cukup sesuai dengan yang diharapkan
1. She is old enough to make her own decision
2. He is tall enough to be a basketball player
3. It is cold enough to drink
4. The exercise was easy enough to do
5. We arrived early enough to catch the bus
I. Because dan Because of
Because selalu diikuti dengan subject + verb ataupun there + verb + subject. Sedangkan because of diikuti dengan noun (phrase), dan tak boleh diikuti dengan verb.
1. It was all because her that we got into trouble
2. We had to hurry indoors because it was raining
3. We didn’t arrive until seven o’clock because the traffic was terrible
4. She found the exam easy because she had worked hard during the course
5. He crashed his car because he was driving too fast
6. We stopped playing tennis because of the rain
7. I am late because of the traffic
8. I am sad because of you
9. The traffic was crowded because the driver
10. They moved to Liverpool because of her job